WHY CHOOSE US?
This is a wonderful opportunity to be part of a brand new inclusive and high performing school in Wantage, Oxfordshire. The Kingsgrove housing development is a new and expanding development providing a range of house sizes to suit young couples and growing families, and it needs a school! Oxfordshire Council has commissioned a beautiful school with playing fields, garden areas and good outdoor space. As well as belonging to the local community of schools, GEMS Wantage Primary Academy is part of the GEMS Learning Trust (GLT) network and is founded with the core values and expectations of pupil behaviours that are upheld in all GEMS Learning Trust schools.
Application procedure: All applications MUST be submitted on the GEMS Learning Trust application form. We are unable to accept CV applications. Applicants will also need to complete a separate Equal Opportunity Monitoring Form.
To apply for the role, download the form and email to Leah Perring (principal)
We are looking for a caretaker to work within our fantastic new school. GEMS Wantage Primary Academy is a brand-new school, opening in September 2020 with a nursery class, a Reception class and a small mixed Year 1 / 2 class. It will eventually grow to a 2-form entry primary school. This is a golden opportunity to be part of our journey from day one.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
We seek to appoint a Caretaker (with cleaning responsibilities) to be responsible for the provision of looking after and maintaining our school grounds. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a brand-new, growing school.
• Experience of working in a school or similar environment.
• Experience of being in a similar role.
• Good communication skills.
• Time management
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE:
• Demonstrate previous experience and ‘DIY skills’ to identify, monitor and carry out minor repairs, maintenance and redecoration.
• Demonstrate knowledge of moving and handling procedures and be physically able to carry out the physical tasks of the role (e.g. lifting, shifting, clearing snow etc).
• Demonstrate knowledge of Health & Safety and hygiene procedures and precautions.
• Awareness of COSHH regulations, applying knowledge gained as appropriate.
• Demonstrate good communication skills that allow effective communication with all levels of school staff, governors, pupils, contractors and outside users of the school (hirers).