We are looking for an Office Manager to work in our fantastic new school. GEMS Wantage Primary Academy is a brand-new school, opening in September 2020 with a nursery class, a Reception class and a small mixed Year 1 / 2 class. It will eventually grow to a 2-form entry primary school. This is a golden opportunity to shape and be part of outstanding provision from day one.
Main purpose of role:
To assist, in the first instance, the Principal with the set-up of the new school, and then to manage the school office and provide a first class, professional service to all our stakeholders. To organise and manage school administrative staff, systems and procedures ensuring high standards of communication, finance and HR processes
Why choose us?
This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a brand new inclusive and high performing school in Wantage, Oxfordshire. The Kingsgrove housing development is a new and expanding development providing a range of house sizes to suit young couples and growing families, and it needs a school! Oxfordshire Council has commissioned a beautiful school with playing fields, garden areas and good outdoor space. As well as belonging to the local community of schools, GEMS Wantage Primary Academy is part of the GEMS Learning Trust (GLT) network and is founded with the core values and expectations of pupil behaviours that are upheld in all GEMS Learning Trust schools.
We are searching for exceptional staff, someone who is eager to help shape the school from the very beginning. GEMS Wantage Primary Academy is being built to serve its brand new community. GEMS Wantage Primary Academy will join our small family of GEMS Learning Trust Primary schools, one in nearby Didcot and one in Twickenham, and will benefit from the strong partnerships and collaborative practises we have embedded across the Trust. We have expertise and experience opening brand new schools and growing exceptional environments where staff and children both thrive.
WHAT WE OFFER
• Term time hours
• An opportunity to be part of a dynamic team (and Trust).
• Courteous and hardworking staff and pupils.
• Fantastic, up-to-date facilities
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop
• Onsite parking
• Demonstrate good communication skills that allow effective communication with school staff, parents, pupils, contractors and 3rd party suppliers.
• Experience of working in an office environment and experience of finances.
• Excellent IT skills.
• Practical experience in word processing, excel and email.
• A passion for working with children.
YOU WILL HAVE:
• Experience with working with children or young people.
• The ability to work on own initiative.
• Communication with parents on a professional basis.
• Attainment GCSEs or equivalent, to include English and Maths at grade C or above.
Application procedure: All applications MUST be submitted on the GEMS Learning Trust application form. We are unable to accept CV applications. Applicants will also need to complete a separate Equal Opportunity Monitoring Form.
The deadline for applying is noon on 22nd June 2020. Interviews will be held on 1st July. It is likely this will take place via Zoom or an equivalent platform.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
To apply, visit: https://www.eteach.com/job/office-and-finance-manager-1104150