BELONG – BELIEVE– ACHIEVE
We strive for children at GEMS Wantage Primary Academy to excel in all that they do and will support them along their journey. When parents come to GEMS Wantage Primary Academy for the first time, they will see first-hand the caring, nurturing, all-inclusive atmosphere of a school which also offers exceptionally high-quality education. This is very much our vision:
To grow a diverse and creative educational community where we encourage belonging and nurture believing: together achieving academically, socially, morally and spiritually.
These ideas of Belong, Believe and Achieve are more than just buzz words - they’re the guiding principles behind everything we do.
- to each other in mutual support, respect and trust, demonstrating exemplary behaviour
- to the local community, providing it with outstanding local primary schooling
- to the GEMS Learning Trust, as part of a family of Outstanding schools
- to the world in which we live, caring for and celebrating our diversity -including race, religion and background
- in our gifts and abilities, recognising each of us as unique and valuable
- in our potential, as each of us will be challenged and nurtured
- in our school values, recognising that we must show respect, kindness and tolerance
- in all lessons and all areas, from our different starting points
- in becoming engaged and proactive - ready to change and challenge ourselves and others respectfully
- in an awareness of our vocation, with a growing sense of purpose and preference
- in becoming well-rounded and self-aware, through a holistic and broad-based education
If you’d like to see our mission in action, please visit us as soon as we are open.
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Leading through Innovation
- To provide first rate facilities and an innovative, inspirational learning environment
- To recruit staff that are innovative, energetic, passionate about primary education and committed to the value of an all-round education.
- To ensure our pupils achieve their academic potential through outstanding teaching, which is forward looking, encourages independent thinking and lays the foundation for life long learning.
- To ensure that our pupils excel academically in reading, writing, mathematics and science throughout primary school and make exceptional levels of progress from their starting points.
- To provide a curriculum that is broad and balanced, offering rich and varied opportunities for the development of academic interest and intellectual curiosity.
- To ensure our pupils enjoy a creative and enriched curriculum profiling art, music and drama.
Growing by learning
- To provide a curriculum that offers a wide range of enriching, enjoyable and challenging activities, which stimulate and develop the interests of each child, and promote a healthy life style.
- To enable our pupils to develop independent learning behaviours
- To ensure our pupils are happy, secure, confident and valued for their individuality.
- To ensure that our staff continue to develop in their roles through high quality support, guidance and on-going training
- To instil regular and robust self-evaluation and collective learning review ensuring that the whole school is a learning organisation
- To develop pupils' spiritual and moral values, self-discipline, responsibility, resilience and respect for themselves, others and the environment.
- To develop pupils' awareness of the world that we live in and responsibilities that they have as global citizens
- To nurture a positive and inclusive relationships with the wider community
All of these values are shared with over 250000 GEMS children around the world, which makes your child in Wantage part of a global community. Click here to find out more about GEMS Core Values and how other GEMS Schools around the world live them in their schools.