Staff, parent and pupil agreement when conducting or watching live lessons
- Staff will be required to re-read the Staff Code of Conduct prior to carrying out live online lessons to ensure they understand their responsibilities with regards to conduct during live online lessons.
- Staff will only use school-provided email addresses and phone numbers to communicate with pupils when conducting live online lessons.
- Staff will only use school-owned devices for conducting live online lessons, where possible.
- Staff will not share personal information whilst conducting live online lessons.
- Staff will conduct live online lessons with appropriate surroundings, e.g. sitting somewhere with a neutral or blurred background.
- Staff will communicate with pupils within school hours as far as possible
- Staff will only communicate and conduct live online lessons through channels approved by WPA .
- Staff will keep the recorded lesson and chat that happens during live online lessons and ensure it is properly documented, retained and deleted in line with the school’s policy.
Parent and pupil conduct
- Make sure that you and your child are in a quiet space, where there are likely to be fewer distractions and background noises. Also make sure that the view that can be seen from your camera, is an appropriate one.
- The teacher may start by muting all participants. Being able to hear everyone at the same time can be overwhelming, so it is best to mute all participants and then await further instructions from the teacher
- Parents, please stay nearby during the lesson. They may require support accessing the technology or need your reassurance during the call. If your child is very young or shy, you are welcome to sit in
- Live lessons will be recorded so that those unable to attend can watch them back. If you do not wish your child to be recorded, please ensure cameras are turned off.