EYFS Teaching Assistants to work in our Nursery
We are looking for two Early Years Teaching Assistants to work within our fantastic new school's nursery.
GEMS Wantage Primary Academy is a brand-new school, opening in September 2020 with a nursery class (ages 2-4), one Reception class and a small mixed Year 1 / 2 class. It will eventually grow to a 2-form entry primary school. This is a golden opportunity to help shape and be part of outstanding provision from day one.
• The hours for the full-time post are 8:30am – 4pm.
• The hours for the part-time post are 8:30am – 12:30pm.
Both posts will start in September 2020. Please specify on your application form which post you are applying for (full time EYFS TA or part time EYFS TA).
WHY CHOOSE US?
This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a brand new inclusive and high performing school in Wantage, Oxfordshire. The Kingsgrove housing development is a new and expanding development providing a range of house sizes to suit young couples and growing families, and it needs a school! Oxfordshire Council has commissioned a beautiful school with playing fields, garden areas and good outdoor space. As well as belonging to the local community of schools, GEMS Wantage Primary Academy is part of the GEMS Learning Trust (GLT) network and is founded with the core values and expectations of pupil behaviours that are upheld in all GEMS Learning Trust schools.
GEMS Wantage Primary Academy will join our small family of GEMS Learning Trust Primary schools, one in nearby Didcot and one in Twickenham, and will benefit from the strong partnerships and collaborative practises we have embedded across the Trust. We have expertise and experience opening brand new schools and growing exceptional teaching and learning environments where staff and children both thrive.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• A Trust and school that is fully dedicated to developing every child to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
• Collaborative working within our shared family of schools to support our endeavours to work smarter and achieve an effective balance between home and work.
• A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
• Onsite parking.
• A highly experienced EYFS leader who will teach in Reception and coordinate planning and resources across nursery and reception.
Do you share our vision?
- All children can meet high academic expectations and develop high aspirations for their future.
- Basic skills such as literacy and numeracy underpin high self-esteem and academic achievement.
- Creative approaches and the arts engage and motivate children to love learning and be happy at school.
- Curriculum planning and schemes of work should develop our children to be caring global citizens and confident leaders, prepared for real world success.
- An open learning and feedback culture which leads to outstanding teaching and motivated teachers and pupils.
- GEMS Wantage Primary Academy responds to the needs of the local families, engages fully with the community and is an outstanding school.
The successful candidates will be:
• Experienced in working with children, preferably in a Teaching Assistant, nursery nurse or child minder role.
• Willing to work as part of a team and in partnership with our EYFS lead teacher.
• Experienced in supporting pupils with a range of needs and able to demonstrate understanding towards them. (For example: autism and learning difficulties).
Application procedure: All applications MUST be submitted on the GEMS Learning Trust application form. We are unable to accept CV applications. Applicants will also need to complete a separate Equal Opportunity Monitoring Form.
The deadline for applying is noon on 22nd June 2020. Interviews will be held on 2nd July. It is likely this will take place via Zoom or an equivalent platform.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
If you are interested in this role or would like further information please contact Leah Perring, GEMS WPA Principal, by email.
Visit: https://www.eteach.com/job/teaching-assistant-eyfs-nursery-1104142 to apply.