Thank you for considering Wantage Primary Academy and the GEMS Learning Trust as your potential new employer.
We are 100% committeed to providing exceptional learning environments - for both children and our staff.
That's why we believe in developing all our staff to become skilled, knowledgable and ambitious practictioners.
We are committed to:
Dont just take our word for it!
WPA Office Manager, Alice Smith:
WPA NQT Teacher, Jessica Peck:
“I am forever grateful that I was given the opportunity to work in this amazing school and for the trust. Since joining WPA, I have been given endless opportunities to develop and grow as a teacher as well as being full supported in the process. The school's ethos and values have created an inviting working environment for all. We really are one big family. Although no day at WPA is the same, I can always guarantee that it is going to be a great one!”
Class Teacher Vacancy - for September 2021
We are looking for a Class teacher to work in our fantastic school.
At GEMS Wantage Primary Academy, we are looking for a passionate class teacher to deliver high quality lessons full of challenging, engaging content; we seek to appoint someone who is a team player, wanting to help shape and develop the community we teach. GEMS Wantage Primary Academy is a brand new school which opened in September 2020 with a nursery class, one Reception class and mixed year 1 and 2 class. It will eventually grow to a 2 form entry primary school for Nursery - Year 6. This is a golden opportunity to plan and implement outstanding provision from day one.
Our school sits within the GEMS Learning Trust which has been established to offer all children in our academies a first class education. It has high expectations of everyone in the school community and challenges children to succeed while supporting them every step of the way. Currently, GEMS Learning Trust has three academies; with a fourth school due to open in September 2022.
A dedicated and inspiring teacher and future leader is required to join our small but growing team at GEMS Wantage Primary and will be required to support and uphold the ethos, values and standards of GEMS Wantage Primary Academy as well undertake the following:
• Plan and teach high-quality lessons which suitable challenge and support all learners
• Actively promote equality of opportunity within an inclusive, diverse, multicultural classroom
• Maintain an attractive, dynamic and emotionally safe learning environment
• Work to inspire in all children a desire for success and a passion for learning
• Complete rigorous planning and assessment
• Deliver fully differentiated lessons to meet the needs of all groups of learners
• Use a range of teaching styles appropriate to a wide range of learning style preferences
• Manage behaviour with restraint, consistency and fairness to ensure a safe, ordered atmosphere for all
• Use effective regular and efficient assessment, using accurate and informed data to set, pursue and track challenging learner targets, and to inform teaching
• Help pupils achieve excellent results and be accountable for this
• Contribute to the creation, evaluation and development of programmes of study
• Show a willingness to be involved in the extra-curricular life of the school
• Foster and maintain an efficient and productive relationship between home and school
This post is likely to be for our small Year 3 class but may change depending on suitability of candidates.
In return, we can offer:
• A committed and friendly team aiming for high standards in all aspects of education
• Children who are well behaved, happy and eager to learn
• A commitment to high quality professional development
• A supportive and encouraging Senior Leadership Team and Trust
• Exciting, accelerated leadership development and early promotion opportunities for the right candidates.
• An organised working environment in modern premises
WHY CHOOSE US?
This is a wonderful opportunity to teach and lead at a brand new inclusive and high performing school in Wantage, Oxfordshire. The Kingsgrove housing development is a new and expanding development providing a range of house sizes to suit young couples and growing families. Oxfordshire Council commissioned a beautiful school with playing fields, garden areas and good outdoor space.
We are searching for exceptional leaders and teachers, someone who is eager to shape the school. GEMS Wantage Primary Academy is being built to serve its brand new community and will likely start with smaller budgets, lower pupil numbers and mixed classes; so the successful applicant will understand how to teach different ages of children in a group.
We value and develop all our staff and there are many exciting opportunities in the GLT for teachers and leaders to grow and to pursue their talents and professional interests.
Salary will be based on experience.
QTS (Qualified Teacher Status).
A Good Honours Degree.
Teaching experience within primary
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
The ability to work as, and lead, a team.
The ability to work towards deadlines.
An excellent track record of pupil outcomes and progress.
Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
Excellent attendance and punctuality.
Experience innovating to deliver the curriculum.
Resilience and flexibility.
Potential candidates for this role are warmly invited to contact the school for an informal conversation.
The GEMS Learning Trust is committed to ensuring that its workforce is representative of the community it serves. We expect our workforce to include people with disabilities, women, black and ethnic minority people and lesbians and gay men. We are looking for applicants, particularly from the local community, who are committed to our Equal Opportunity Policies.
To apply, please visit https://www.eteach.com/job/class-teacher-1132677
Contact principal, Leah Perring via email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to arrange a non-contact visit.
In line with the policy of the GEMS Learning Trust that none of our pupils, nor employees, will be discriminated against on any protected grounds (according to The Equality Act 2010), whatsoever.
We are committed to providing a learning, working and social environment in which the rights and dignity of individuals are respected, and which is free from discrimination, prejudice, intimidation and all forms of harassment, including bullying.
This policy aims to ensure that all pupils and employees of GEMS Learning Trust will study or work in an environment that is free from discrimination, prejudice, and harassment or bullying.
GEMS Learning Trust is committed to a programme of action to ensure that its Equal Opportunities policy is implemented and monitored at an organisational and individual Academy level.